I find some guilty pleasures really pleasurable. That's a boring way of saying it but at the moment, Makai Kingdom is eating most of my nights.
For the uninitiated, MK is the latest (but not so latest at this moment of writing) tactical-RPG-strategy PS2 game from NIS America along their tradition of Japanese import games the likes of which include Disgaea, La Pucelle, and Phantom Brave.
The pleasure is in the growing of the custom-made characters, getting them fitted with cool items (some of which are stolen from monsters by the party's thief), and destroying the enemy boss. It's still the basic create character-kill boss-get loot-level up formula but is structured out around the Japanese RPG taste--that is, you typically need to do a lot of level grinding. The last time I level-grinded was Tactics Ogre (Game Boy Advance) and I remember those late-night (indulgent if you ask me) sessions.
The whole game itself throws out serious themes and instead rests on cute humor against a backdrop of netherworld characters. I find it charming to squash a dungeon critter with a frying pan; yes it's true! An over-sized +74 Attack + 74 Defense frying pan! No warrior worth his double-bladed sword would wield a frying pan. But a chef will. That's right, a chef! That's crazy but cool for a character class! A master chef could whack a monster pretty damn badly just as a standard warrior can. It's all about wackiness in the whacking. Quote that.
I don't know when I'll be able to shelve the game off, but it's been a nice break from God of War I and II (really awesome games for the PS2 by the way).
Until the next mood swing, it be master chefs an der frying pans o' death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
tagpila ang ps3 dinha poys?
PS3 i think is 30k something.
xbox 360 is 18.5k.
Ako poys, lingaw sa diablo 2. Backwards kaayo ko until maka upgrade ko sa pc nako, kay hinay kaayo ako Neverwinter nights2.
If you can still remember, ngano man wala pako kita ug mga ngilngig nga weapons? Unsa man ang mga super weapons sa diablo 2? Or do I have to go to hell mode to get the cool stuff?
Duwa sad ko ug old starcraft game.
yeah diablo2 was and is still really very engaging. That's my euphemism for 'addicting' hehehe.
I had a level 30 Bowazon and a level 28 freeze-orb Sorc once. The Bowazon can rain death from a distance with a rare bow I found, though it was not the uber-bow--the Buriza-do Kyanon, which I never found.
Rare items usually are dropped by the big bosses like Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal. Depending on your character's level, the higher your char level, the more chances of your character getting rare item drops.
The most popular boss is Mephisto since he is the boss where you can readily access from a load game. This is what is commonly called as "Mephisto-runs" meaning you raid Mephisto's lair, kill M and get his drops, go back to town and save and then load so you can raid again. Recycle until you get decent items from M's drops.
www.diabloii.net is a very helpful website that has all the info any diablo2 fan would find useful.
Yes, hell mode increases the chance of rare items getting dropped at the cost of your character's resistance being lowered and higher damage from monsters.
bai cyril ni wala nko kabalo ako username ug password.. ako shift for the months july - sept kai 7:30-4:30 MTWTHF....day off kai sat-sun...wala nata basket bro?
villagerofthevillage and imo user name, imo password wala ko kahibalo. Wla na diay mo basket ug dnd???
24lv ra ako barbarian. Mga socketed items ra ako mga good items.
I'll try to get the Expedition to Undermountain super adventure, it looks very promising.
Post a Comment